Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Post

This is my first post as a "personal finance blogger"! Okay, so really I'm just reviewing and recapping my daily struggles as a twenty-something trying to balance saving with having a life. It's not as easy as I think it should be!

Frugal Dad's blog How To Become a Millionaire in 10 Years got me thinking. That's a lot of money you'd have to save to become a millionaire. Of course, 10 years is a short period of time. I'm not that ambitious! Twenty years (or even thirty!) would be a better estimate for me.

So what to do? Well, I certainly cannot put $996 per week into a high-yield investment. It is simply not possible at this time. I can't even do $996 per month! What I can do, and what I have been doing, is putting a few hundred dollars per month into my ING Direct high-yield savings account.

First step accomplished.

No comments: